heabdsm

Vampire Mistress
Joey W. Hill
Vampire Trinity
Joey W. Hill
The Submissive (The Submissive #1)
Tara Sue Me
Coming to Terms
Holding Back
Mila Kerr
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Jamie McGuire
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Madeline Sheehan
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
Sylvia Day

Disciplining the Duchess

Disciplining the Duchess - Annabel Joseph Some reviews I want to tempt people into reading the book without giving away crucial plot details and others I really want to discuss the book so I kind of have to. This is one of the latter.Regency spanking fiction from Annabel Joseph? I thoroughly enjoyed [b:Pleasing the Colonel|16102716|Pleasing the Colonel|Renee Rose|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1350934085s/16102716.jpg|21913571] a while back (and I have since become a Downton Abbey fan) so I was so there.What I didn’t expect to find was a book that made me think so much of [b:Club Mephisto|9944698|Club Mephisto (Club Mephisto #1)|Annabel Joseph|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1292640626s/9944698.jpg|14838126] only in how very opposite it was. Molly spent all her day reading books; for Harmony, that would have been a kind of dream existence. Only, unlike Clayton, Court couldn’t allow his wife to run and hide from the world (or lock her away in a gilded cage) - you can decide which one of those applies. She had to learn to be a Duchess and take her place in society whether she wanted to or not.In the end, I felt like this wasn’t really a regency novel. It was a story that required a regency setting to tell because it just wouldn’t have worked very well in the present but it worked perfectly by setting it in that time and place.I also really like both Harmony and Court all the way through. Every time she made a mistake she didn’t do it willfully. And every time he made one, and there were a couple of huge ones, he never meant to hurt their relationship the way he did. I also have to give her credit for pulling off one of the moments of Perfect Submission (see [b:The Warrior Challenged|517107|The Warrior Challenged|Sharon Green|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1207162248s/517107.jpg|505041]) to show him that was not what he really wanted.So a really interesting novel in a fun setting that thoroughly explores some solid BDSM themes in a thoughtful way.