heabdsm

Vampire Mistress
Joey W. Hill
Vampire Trinity
Joey W. Hill
The Submissive (The Submissive #1)
Tara Sue Me
Coming to Terms
Holding Back
Mila Kerr
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Jamie McGuire
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Madeline Sheehan
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
Sylvia Day

Safewords: Davenport and Chiffon

Safewords Davenport and Chiffon - Candace Blevins Editor's Note: Before you read this, be sure and read [b:Safeword Davenport|15705430|Safeword Davenport (Safeword #4)|Candace Blevins|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1339684492s/15705430.jpg|21368237] first.So to recap real quick, I liked Dana, Brent and Jacob. I tolerated Zach. I really couldn't see what Dana found appealing about him. After reading this, I am honestly still trying to figure it out.Dana is both a submissive and a masochist as we found out last time. She also discovered she has a Dominant Streak but isn't really into Switching with someone. So her relationship with Jacob fulfills the second part and her relationship with Zach sort of fulfills the first.Supposedly Zach is a Dominant but not a Sadist. I got that he wanted to be a Dom. I just thought he was absolutely terrible at it. The whole punishment for lying on the bed thing really exemplified it for me. He wasn't so much a Dom as a Control Freak. He wanted her to fit in this perfect ideal he had in his head. The problem I have is when Dana wasn't live up to his ideal, was it his fault or hers? Someone who knew what he was doing would have figured it out. Instead he spent three days punishing her for something that happened because he didn't convey his expectations well enough. And when we find out what happened, he wasn't the least bit remorseful in my opinion.And it wouldn't have been so bad if it were for his stupid ideas about safewords. She would have ended the punishment earlier and maybe they would have talked. I don't mind at all when submissives say they don't want safewords and I always enjoy when Doms refuse to play without one. I have a huge problem when the submissive does want one and he ignores it. I don't care if it is a punishment or not, it was too soon to be doing things on that level IMHO.Then eventually we find out about Alice and some of his weird behavior is explained. It was based on Fear. Which makes him even more pathetic to me because he didn't bother to explain it to Dana. In a BDSM relationship communication is key. In the kind of relationship he wanted it was even more so and he utterly failed.The best moment in the book for me was when Dana left. It was very similar to moments in [b:Owning Wednesday|7718632|Owning Wednesday|Annabel Joseph|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1305337769s/7718632.jpg|10460676] and in [b:Mercy|7916641|Mercy|Annabel Joseph|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1278456751s/7916641.jpg|11209164] where the female leads walked out. I cheered them on as well for exactly the same reasons. Dana need some time to think and Zach needed some time to grow up.I kind of hate that my whole review turned into a rant about Zach but it really couldn't be helped. Other than the parts where he was annoying me, I generally enjoyed everything else.Bonus Points: If you figure out the significance of the Aquarium and the Moving Company. That was a nice touch.