heabdsm

Vampire Mistress
Joey W. Hill
Vampire Trinity
Joey W. Hill
The Submissive (The Submissive #1)
Tara Sue Me
Coming to Terms
Holding Back
Mila Kerr
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Jamie McGuire
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Madeline Sheehan
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
Sylvia Day

Withdrawing Consent

Withdrawing Consent - Holla Dean I am afraid this one is going to be kind of spoilerish because I am jumping up on my soapbox.First off, I thought it was actually pretty daring. Not to write a book about Domestic Discipline - not to be cynical, but those are pretty plentiful these days (not that there is anything wrong with that). No, the daring part is to write one where things go wrong. Too many of them are all "oh, my husband starting spanking me and it is the most wonderful thing in the world." I realize these are all Romances but I am finding a little too much repetition.So as you read in the description, Christine's book club decides to read a book on DD and all 10 members want to try it. And a month later, some of them find out it worked okay and some of them found it didn't work at all. How Refreshing. But it did work for Christine and Alex so they kept it going - with a clear set of rules and the opportunity to discuss things on a regular basis.And then Alex loses his way. To me, you can see it immediately when he gets so angry when Christine tells him she is considering withdrawing consent. Power corrupts, etc. I was proud of her for putting her foot down. And I am happy that they found a way to make it work in the future.So why did this only get a 3? Two reasons: The first week when she didn't do any housework - I know that was kind of necessary for the plot but it did seem a little silly. I thought she would be more enthusiastic at the beginning. And honestly, there is way too much exposition - we are told most of the story and actually experience very little.But still I very much liked the originality.