heabdsm

Vampire Mistress
Joey W. Hill
Vampire Trinity
Joey W. Hill
The Submissive (The Submissive #1)
Tara Sue Me
Coming to Terms
Holding Back
Mila Kerr
Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful, #1)
Jamie McGuire
Epilogue: The Dark Duet (The Dark Duet, #2.5)
C.J. Roberts
In Flight (Up In The Air, #1)
R.K. Lilley
Undeniable (Undeniable, #1)
Madeline Sheehan
Entwined with You (Crossfire, #3)
Sylvia Day

Slave World

Slave World - Johnny Stone Slave World - I think it was for planets like this that God created Suppernovas.I really didn't know what to expect going in but I found this to actually be a very interesting SF novel. In fact, you could make just a few cuts here and there and probably make this into a mainstream novel. I grew up reading this kind of stuff and it kind of gave me a nostalgic feeling.Margo had had quite a hard life: An incestuous relationship with her father that ended when she was 12 when he died in an accident. The usual traumas of post-traumatic stress syndrome for someone who spent years in all-out combat. The death of her lover in her arms. It was no surprise that she was such a mess at the beginning.Nathan I warily liked from the start. But I was impressed by how much he cared about Margo and how much he wanted to help her - especially when he learned the things I wrote about above. I expect a certain standard for someone who calls himself a Marine and he easily met that.Michael - dumbest villain I have seen since Sempre. You take two of the deadliest people in the galaxy and put them in the same room together. My only complaint is that he never should have been allowed to live that long.The Pony Stuff - not my thing. And I was disappointed by Margo's decision at the end. But perhaps Nathan isn't done yet - he obviously is waiting on something before he proposes. I do have to say one thing: The funniest moment in the story - Margo has been enslaved and genetically altered and then gets taken to the cafeteria, given a menu and she gets to order a cheeseburger. I can't quite think of a similar moment in any other story I have read.The Party - You always know in a novel that when the bad guy throws a party it isn't going to be good - see Beloved Vampire and Butterfly Unpinned. I am kind of disappointed that more people didn't get their comeuppance.Nathan and Donna (and Margo) made a huge positive impact but this is still a pretty terrible planet.